How to Search for Full-Time Jobs in Handshake
Combine the “Full-time” filter with keywords and other filters to find opportunities in Handshake
1. Log in & access the “Jobs” page
- Log in to arizona.joinhandshake.com using your UA NetID and password. As a UA student, you already have access to your free account!
- Click on the “Jobs” tab on the top, left-hand side of the page
2. Apply the “Full-time” filter
- Click on the “Full-time” filter to narrow the results to include only part-time opportunities
3. Narrow your results with additional filters & keyword searches
- Click on “All filters” to view all possible filters
- Click on the “Location” filter to narrow positions by location
- There currently is no filter for hybrid or remote positions, but you can type “hybrid” or “remote” in the search box to find positions that include those words in the description
Job Search Pro Tip:
Don’t just type in your major into the search box! Majors are the way the universities organize themselves, but employers write job descriptions based on the essential skills or experience they want in an applicant, which typically includes more than just what you majored in.
Instead of this…
You can type more than just job titles in the search box, especially if you’re open to opportunities in different industries. To see if you’re a competitive candidate, read the requirements. If you meet most of the requirements, just apply! It’s OK if you don’t have every single qualification. Don’t count yourself out–it’s the organization’s job to screen unqualified applicants.
4. Save jobs you want to apply to
- Click on the bookmark icon to save jobs that you’re interested in
- The jobs will then appear in your “Saved” jobs tab so you can apply to them when you’re ready
- Save your search to get notified in the mobile app or via email when new jobs are posted that meet your criteria!
Want support in your search?
Current UA students and recent alumni can make a 1:1 appointment to meet with someone on the Career Education team to get more specific, individualized support.