Everything you need to know about interviewing.
Interactive Video: Interviewing
Handout: Interview and Offer Guidelines
Quinncia- Instructions for Students
Quinncia- Instructions for Faculty & Staff
Before the Interview
Research the Company
Tips for Researching the Company
Preparing for the Interview
Be Prepared for These Types of Questions
Questions that could be asked in any interview, for any type of position.
- Tell me about yourself.
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why should we consider you for this position?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Can you further describe to me your duties as a (former position from your resume)?
What is your greatest strength?
What is your greatest weakness?
Why are you interested in this role?
How do you stay current in this industry?
What questions do you have for me?
About experiences from your past where you exhibited certain behaviors or responses
- Describe a challenging or difficult work situation you faced, and how you handled it.
- Give me an example of when you worked well on a team.
- Tell me about a time when you set a goal and achieved it.
About potential workplace situations, designed to test your ability to solve problems, your knowledge base, or your expertise in the field.
- What would you do if a customer contacted you complaining about a product issue?
- What would you do if your supervisor tasked you as a manager of a project in which you have no previous knowledge or experience leading?
About your technical competency (you are more likely to encounter these in fields where hard technical skills are required)
- What are your technical qualifications for this position?
- Describe how you used data mining in your last position.
- Describe a project in which you used advanced features of Microsoft Excel.
Interview Questions - for the Interviewer
Questions for the Interviewer (Graphic)
Design Your Search Workshops
Workshops Offered Daily
Looking for support as you search for a job or internship? Design Your Search (DYS) will help you fully understand what you need to know to complete a successful search. Workshops include Resume, Interviewing, Networking, Researching the Employer and Online Profiles.