Summer Internship Stipends
Internships help you to build skills, confidence, and find full-time jobs
Did you know? Students who complete an internship are two times more likely to report full-time employment after graduation. Students who engaged with our services at SECD and had an internship have reported higher starting salaries than students who had an internship and did not engage.
In addition, we know internships are an effective way to gain experience, build professional networks, and help define career goals. We also know many wonderful opportunities are unpaid or underpaid and that is a barrier for some students to participate. That is why the University of Arizona's Student Engagement & Career Development, SECD, works passionately with our community and partners to facilitate and create meaningful opportunities for you such as internships.
Our Summer 2022 Internship Stipend is designed to help you get the most out of your experience while providing financial support to do it.
Summer 2022 Internship Stipends
Financial support includes:
- $2500 stipend, distributed to your Bursar account in three installments throughout the Summer 2022 session (May 13, June 17, and July 22).
- Option to request 1-credit tuition scholarship, if you would like to do your internship for credit and it is eligible in your academic plan.
In order to be eligible for a Summer Internship Stipend, a current University of Arizona undergraduate student must meet the following criteria:
- Have 30 credit hours completed as of February 10, 2022
- Be in good academic standing
- Planning to enroll for Fall 2022 classes*
- Be a US resident
- Have demonstrated unmet need (determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid)
*Student Engagement and Career Development will verify your Fall 2022 enrollment prior to your first stipend disbursement in May.
Have questions about your eligibility? Reach out to the LifeLab team at email@example.com and we can verify before you start applying.
Summer Internship Application Process
- Apply by March 25: Apply for up to five (5) positions among designated Summer Internships in Handshake.
- Every organization will require application materials unique to its position! We are here for you through this process. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into Bear Down Gym Room 264 for support.
- Attend on February 24: Meet some of the organizations hosting internships at the Global Impact and Public Service Career Fair
- Plan to Interview in April: Organizations will interview you to hear about your skills and experience.
- Anticipate Decisions by April 18: Organizations notify their selected intern.
- Work begins! Your internship will take place between May 16 -August 10: Summer 2022 session
Resources to help you prepare