100% Engagement: Summer Impact Awards
Build confidence and pursue internships in your field of interest.
We are here to help.
We know internships are an effective way to gain experience, build professional networks, and help define career goals. We also know many wonderful opportunities are unpaid or underpaid and that is a barrier for some students to participate.
The 100% Engagement: Summer Impact Award is designed to help you get the most out of your experience while providing financial support to do it. If eligible, you can receive $2500 awarded to your Bursar's account. In addition, you’ll receive access to on-demand, online content, live workshops, and other resources to help you be successful in your new position.
You CAN APPLY for this award without a confirmed summer position. However, you must have a summer internship in order to receive funding.
Summer Impact Award Eligibility Requirements
- You are an undergraduate student in good, continuing Academic Standing.
- You have completed a minimum of 30 academic units at the time of your application.
- You will be enrolled at the University of Arizona for the term following the summer experience (ie Fall 2021).
- You have secured a summer un/underpaid internship. Underpaid = you receive less than minimum wage.
- Priority goes to students with demonstrated unmet need and completed FAFSA on file.
- You are a U.S. resident.
- Priority goes to students who completed or are in-progress Build the Skill: Professional Communication.
- You have completed or have in-progress the Internship Workplan.
- You have a completed University COVID19 Assessment of Workplace Risk
- You have completed your Summer Impact Award Application in Scholarship Universe.
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- If your summer experience is in-person you must complete the Assessment of Workplace Risk form.
- Internship occurs over the summer (May-August).
- The experience is a minimum of 120 hours.
- The experience is un/underpaid. Underpaid = you receive less than minimum wage.
- The internship cannot be with an organization owned by a family member or at a site where a family member will serve as the supervisor.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- December 1, 2020: Application will open in Scholarship Universe
- May 15, 2021: Final Deadline to submit application materials in Scholarship Universe
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates will be notified if they will receive funding following these review dates.
- May 15, 2021: If awarded, deadline to submit confirmation of internship offer and Internship Work Plan (this can be in-progress)
- May 15, 2021: If awarded, funds dispersed to Bursars accounts