100% Engagement: Summer Impact Awards
Build confidence and pursue internships in your field of interest. We are here to help.
100% Engagement: Summer Impact Awards 2020
We know internships are an effective way to gain experience, build professional networks and help define career goals. We also know many wonderful opportunities are unpaid or underpaid and that is a barrier for some students to participate.
The 100% Engagement: Summer Impact Award is designed to help you get the most out of your experience while providing financial support to do it. If eligible, you can receive $2500 awarded to your Bursar's account. In addition, you’ll receive access to on-demand, online content, live workshops and other resources to help you be successful in your new position.
Summer Impact Award Eligibility Requirements
- You are an undergraduate student in good, continuing Academic Standing.
- You have completed a minimum of 30 academic units.
- You are enrolled at the University of Arizona the term following the summer experience (ie Fall 2020, Fall 2021).
- You have secured a summer un/underpaid internship.
- Priority goes to students with demonstrated unmet need and completed FAFSA on file.
- You are a U.S. resident.
- Priority goes to students who completed or are in-progress Build the Skill: Professional Communication.
- You have completed the Internship Workplan: fillable PDF; customizable PDF.
- You have completed your Summer Impact Award Application in Scholarship Universe.
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Until further notice, experiences must be remote (work from home). At this time, we can not support in-person summer internships.
- Internship occurs over the summer (May-August).
- The internship is with a non-profit or government agency. For-profit companies are not eligible.
- The experience is a minimum of 120 hours.
- The experience is un/underpaid.
- The internship cannot be with an organization owned by a family member or at a site where a family member will serve as the supervisor.
Annie KurtinLead, Experiential Learning Design
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have already completed Design your Search content?
That’s great! If you have completed DYS and meet the award eligibility criteria we encourage you to submit an application for funding.
- What if I already have a micro-credential in Build the Skill: Professional Communication?
That’s great! If you have completed BTS: Professional Communication and meet the eligibility criteria we encourage you to submit an application for funding.
- What if I am having trouble completing my summer internship workplan?
If you are having trouble completing the workplan for your summer experience, make an appointment in Handshake to meet with a Career Educator or visit our virtual LifeLab during our open hours.
- What if I am having trouble finding a summer internship?
If you are struggling to find placement in a summer internship we recommend the following: