Arizona Leadership Endorsement
Our society demands leaders capable of creating change and solving the challenges of the 21st century. Earning the University of Arizona Leadership Endorsement tells future employers and graduate/professional schools that the University of Arizona can verify that you have the leadership skills, knowledge, and values that make you a candidate who will rise to the challenge.
Arizona Leadership is…
- Tackling contemporary challenges in a forward-thinking, interdisciplinary, collaborative, and innovative manner
- Acting ethically and inclusively, working with a diverse group, enacting the value of service to your communities, and inspiring others to work towards a common goal
- Seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth by participating in experiences that will enhance your leadership portfolio
What does it take to earn the Leadership Endorsement?
Students eligible to earn the Arizona Leadership Endorsement must demonstrate:
- Satisfactory academic progress towards graduation
- One year of prolonged commitment to an organization or cause while in college (including, but not limited to, club/organization involvement, internship, employment, service, or advocacy work)
- Evidence of service leadership – completion of 5 or more hours of community service
- Ability to effectively articulate your leadership skills and experiences
- Advanced leadership skills in the following areas:
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Inclusive Leadership
- Ethical Leadership
How do I earn the Arizona Leadership Endorsement?
The Leadership Endorsement Application mirrors a job application process. This will allow you to practice and receive feedback on your ability to communicate your leadership skills in a professional manner.
- Submit a professional resume and cover letter that highlights the leadership skills listed above
- Complete Handshake profile*
Based on an initial review of the above materials, the successful candidate will be invited to complete:
- Leadership skills evaluation that captures feedback from at least two professional references
- Virtual interview
What will I get by earning the Arizona Leadership Endorsement?
If you meet the criteria established for earning the Arizona Leadership Endorsement, you will receive:
- Leadership Endorsement cord and zipper pull to wear at graduation
- Certificate of achievement
- Verified electronic Arizona Credly badge that can be showcased on your LinkedIn Profile
- Early access to Career Fairs or employer access
- Leadership profile highlighted on website. Meet our Leaders!
*Completed Handshake Profiles Include:
- At least one work experience
- At least one extracurricular activity or student organization
- At least one skill
For more information on how to complete your Handshake profile, please read this step-by-step blog post.