Build the Skill
Are You Confident in your Professional Skills? Need Some Practice?
Looking for resources to support your student employees?
We have professional development options for your student employees working remotely.
Through Build the Skill (BTS), you can develop important skills that will help you personally and professionally: Leadership, Collaboration or Professional Communication. Take one or take them all (one at a time, please!). Whether your post-college plans include getting a job, going to graduate school or you are not sure what your plans are just yet, you can count on taking these skills with you!
Complete the program online through D2L, going at your own pace.
This program is open to any UA student, main campus or Online, any major, no previous experience required.
In 10-15 hours of your time (or two modules per week), you’ll:
- Learn new tools and strategies, like how to build your network or how to deal with difficult people on a team.
- Apply what you’ve learned directly in your real life activities.
- Demonstrate what you’ve learned by developing your own e-Portfolio.
- Earn a digital badge that you can share on your LinkedIn and Handshake profiles to showcase your skills.
In choosing a track, consider this:
- Leadership & Collaboration: You must be involved in a club, group project for a class, internship, job, or other activity where you can practice the tools provided
- Professional Communication: You will practice building your network by completing an informational interview with someone in your field of interest. This be more relevant if you’re pursuing or are already involved in an internship.
Summer 2020 Program Details
- May 18 - July 1
- June 1 - July 1
- July 6 - August 19
- August 3 - August 19