Build the Skill: Professional Communication
Effective communication is a requirement for success in education, personal life and in the workplace. In addition to the effective verbal communication, written and visual communication strategies are expected of all college graduates. Build the skill: Professional Communication will help you learn and apply these skills effectively within intrapersonal and workplace contexts.
This program gives you an opportunity to practice your skills through a valuable professional communication scenario: requesting, conducting and documenting informational interviews with people whose careers you would like to know more about. Throughout the process, you will develop and apply knowledge of professional communication norms and strategies for successful communication in organizational settings.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify and articulate your personal communication styles in professional settings
- Implement strategies for professional email and telephone communication
- Practice active listening and professional inquiry by conducting an informational interview
- Practice giving and receiving feedback with a peer
- Document your insights and lessons learned professionally in written and presentation formats
Fall 2020 Program Dates
October 12 - November 15
Build the Skill: Collaboration
Develop Skills and Gain Experience
Many students express distaste for working in groups because many of us lack the tools needed to work together effectively. Even if you struggle with working in groups, this program is designed to give you the tools and strategies to do so with ease.
Build the Skill: Leadership
Build Skills and Gain Experience
Do you think of yourself as a leader? What can you do to improve your leadership skills? We believe that all students are already leading in some way, and one way to continue to develop as a leader is by practicing Emotionally Intelligent Leadership.