Build the Skill: Collaboration
Working with others in a class project or a club committee can often feel stressful. So many personalities and opinions!
Want to help create a better experience – for everyone? Enroll in Build the Skill: Collaboration. No matter your level of experience, you’ll be given tools and resources to apply to a current project – in or out of class. This kind of hands-on practice allows you strengthen your teamwork skills while building a better group work experience for everyone.
Even if you struggle with working in groups, this program is designed to give you the tools and strategies to do so with ease.
Now Enrolling for Fall: September 7 - November 15, 2021
“The major takeaway that I had with the Build the Skill: Collaboration was that it is important to include everyone in the group, including yourself. The tools to ensure everyone's participation in the project is important to be sure everyone has had their voice heard in the assignment.”
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify strengths and growth areas as they relate to your teamwork/collaboration skills
- Implement strategies for productive group development
- Practice active listening
- Utilize effective action planning tools to delegate tasks
- Manage group conflict by reframing problems and focusing on solutions
- Reflect on your growth as a collaborator and articulate your collaboration style in verbal and written formats
Build the Skill: Leadership
Build Skills and Gain Experience
Do you think of yourself as a leader? What can you do to improve your leadership skills? We believe that all students are already leading in some way, and one way to continue to develop as a leader is by practicing Emotionally Intelligent Leadership.
Build the Skill: Professional Communication
Build Skills & Gain Experience
Learn and apply effective verbal, written and visual communication strategies through a valuable professional communication scenario: informational interviews.