Build the Skill
Develop In-Demand Skills
Build the Skill (BTS) is a non-credit micro-credential program for students like you to develop in-demand transferable skills that present real value to employers and graduate schools. Pick one of the two program tracks, Leadership or Collaboration, to access interactive online material through D2L. You will have the opportunity to reflect and apply what you are learning in a current leadership or team role, which you will then demonstrate on your own Adobe Spark page.
This program is open to any UA student, main campus or Online, any major, no previous leadership or teamwork experience required.
Image: Build the Skill: Leadership Credly Badge
Image: Build the Skill: Collaboration Credly Badge
Why Build the Skill?
- LEARN new tools through interactive online content in D2L.
- PRACTICE leadership and teamwork strategies by applying them to what you're involved in right now: your club/organization, your job, your volunteer work or class project.
- APPLY SKILLS to dynamic challenges during a Simulation Activity.
- REFLECT ON & ARTICULATE what you have learned and how you have demonstrated your skills in a mini mock interview.
- Runs March 11- April 28
- Free to UA students, any year, any major
- Mostly online and on your own time with some suggested due dates.
- One in-person event determined at start date.
- Earn a micro-credential to share on your resume, LinkedIn, and Handshake.