Build the Skill
Develop In-Demand Skills
Build the Skill (BTS) is a free, mostly online micro-credential program for students like you to develop in-demand transferable skills that present real value to employers and graduate schools. Pick one of the three program tracks, Leadership, Collaboration, or Professional Communication to access interactive online material through D2L. You will reflect and apply what you are learning in a current leadership or team role, which you will then demonstrate by developing your own e-Portfolio. In the end, you will earn a digital badge that you can share on your LinkedIn and Handshake profiles to showcase your skills.
This program is open to any UA student, main campus or Online, any major, no previous experience required.
Why Build the Skill?
- LEARN new tools through interactive online content in D2L.
- PRACTICE what you learned by applying the online content to what you're involved in right now: your internship, your club/organization, your job, your volunteer work or class project.
- CONNECT WITH PEERS who are looking to learn skills like you online and program events.
- DEMONSTRATE what you have learned and how you have practiced your skills in a mini mock interview and e-portfolio.
- D2L site opens September 23; closes October 14
- Free to UA students, any year, any major
- Mostly online and on your own time with some suggested due dates.
- 2 live events; 1 in the beginning and 1 at the end, you pick from when you register (online option available for UAOnline students)
- Earn a micro-credential to share on your resume, LinkedIn, and Handshake.