Data & Technology Example Resumes
Data & Technology resumes typically include…
- Skills section that includes the specific names of software, programming languages, or processes that you’re proficient in
- Software or programming certifications
- Relevant coursework related to application or web development, programming languages, or information security.
Look at the job description and see what is listed first then consider ordering your resume to show the skills you have that match.
If a role is heavily focused on programming languages and software, move that higher up on your resume and categorize your skills section to feature software, hardware, programming, and additional skills separately. Include any projects, hackathons, industry-relevant conferences attended, etc.
Student Example #1: Jeremy Brooks | Sophomore
- Jeremy wants to show off his hardware and software skills combined with his ability to communicate with others to solve technical problems.
Student Example #2: Keara Burke | Senior
- Keara has impressive academic honors and leadership titles incorporated into her Education section.
- She’s bolded the names of her employers because they have high name recognition that she wants to stand out.