The University of Arizona is seeking a Research Development Fellow (Office Assistant) in the Research Development Services (RDS) unit with these primary responsibilities:
• Data entry and management of competitions, reviewers, and applicants in Arizona Cultivate, Smartsheet, and other internal systems,
• Organizing, drafting, and maintaining office files and email correspondence,
• Website updates,
• Other office assistance as requested by RDS Team members (examples include: Zoom meetings; events; customer service at front desk, email, and via phone),
• Special research projects as assigned.
Applicants for the Research Development Fellow (Office Assistant) position will work closely with the Program Administrator of Internal Grants, to support a variety of internal campus funding that is available to faculty and research staff. An ideal candidate should be passionate and enthusiastic about tackling new responsibilities, comfortable working on a team, and flexible and willing to assist with a wide range of tasks. This role requires a diligent, self-directed individual with excellent oral and written communication skills as well as a professional demeanor. Non-traditional students are encouraged to apply. The position will include multiple responsibilities that can be completed remotely, although deadlines and due dates will drive the workload.
This is an excellent opportunity to explore the field of research development with a successful and impactful team of professionals with high energy, attitude for excellence, and creativity. Applicants with majors in the sciences, technology, engineering, medicine, business, and the social sciences will find this position particularly interesting and relevant to their prospective fields, although all students are welcome to apply.
RDS was established in 2014 as part of the commitment of the University of Arizona’s Office of Research, Innovation & Impact to provide research support for faculty. RDS is charged with engaging in strategic, proactive, catalytic, and capacity-building activities with University of Arizona researchers to attract increased extramural research funding. Since inception, RDS has supported more than $300 million in awards to faculty at the University of Arizona.
Minimum qualifications for position:
• Degree seeking student at The University of Arizona as either an undergraduate or graduate student in any field;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects given simultaneously with regular deadlines;
• Ability to work and meet these deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work remotely and in-person as scheduled/needed; and
• Proficiency in MS Office suite programs and use of web-based resources.
Schedule: No more than 20 hours per week
Required submission with resume/CV and cover letter:
• Graduate students should include a letter of recommendation from their advisor.
• Undergraduate students may include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member that can speak to their oral or written communication skills and/or professional demeanor.
For questions, applicants may contact: Danielle Barefoot, firstname.lastname@example.org