Practice of psychology in an educational setting, including exceptional education students for the Tucson Unified School District. Performing and reporting psychological evaluations including comprehensive intellectual, emotional/behavioral, and adaptive assessments of students.
- Masters Degree in Psychology or related field.
- Valid State of Arizona School Psychologist Certificate Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Knowledge of IDEA and Special Education rules and regulations.
- Strong psychometric background, including an understanding of, and ability to use, a variety of normative, criterion-based, and informal assessments.
- Knowledge of the evaluation procedures for a diverse student population, including those with sensory and physical impairments.
- Understanding of child development, learning disorders, developmental disorders, and behavioral management.
- Ability to communicate complex psychological data to others, (parents, teachers, etc.) in a meaningful way, both orally and in writing.
- Sensitivity to cultural and linguistic differences.
- Knowledge of K-12 curricula.
- EdS or PhD in School Psychology, licensed Psychologist in AZ Stipend available for EdS and PhD
Evaluates and diagnoses specified deficits of referred students within the school district that would meet criteria set forth by local, state, and federal regulations for services to students with a disability in any of the listed disability conditions, may also interpret evaluations from outside agencies.
Interprets data collected from evaluations for referred students (standardized test data, normative test data, aptitude test data) and shares that information in a report format so that parents, staff, and others can understand the functioning level of specific students or the specific student.
Gives conclusions and recommendations for the development of an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for the specific student as needed for programming.
Serves as a member of multi-disciplinary teams in student assessment and placement.
Interprets evaluations of outside agencies.
Assures that students are placed in the least restrictive environment.
Completes Medicaid billing.