Provide administrative support to the Marketing Department of the University of Arizona Press, publisher of scholarly and regional books.
Position start date to be determined upon hire.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Duties generally of a routine nature and performed under supervision
- Creating and maintaining files and spreadsheets
- Processing book reviews, review copy requests, and exam copy requests
- Researching instructors for course adoptions, creating spreadsheets
- Routine correspondence
- Researching media outlets
- Periodic research on reviews from previously published books
- Data entry
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Independent judgment and mechanical or technical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives.
- Positive attitude and strong demonstration of Our Values: Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Diversity, Innovation, and Integrity.
- Undergraduate/graduate students with at least 6-months of work experience; or, any equivalent combination of training and/or education approved by HR.
- Experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Customer service experience a plus but not required.
- Applicants do not need prior office experience, but do need to be detail oriented.
- Summer availability strongly preferred, but not necessary.