Student Employee at Einstein Bagels:
Student Employees at Einstein Bagels are responsible for multiple and varied tasks. One of the most important requirements of this position is to have excellent customer service skills. Student Employees are trained to prepare and serve food products in the following areas depending on their experience and/or restaurant needs:
•Cashier – takes customers order correctly and assist with immediate needs
•Expeditor – delivers customers orders efficiently while maintaining clean workspace
•Sandwich line – makes sandwiches and customers orders following food safety guidelines
•Back preparation kitchen – prepare any pre portioned product and product rotation.
•Baker- bake our bagels and sweets as well as any prep work for next day baking needs
Along with these areas student employees are expected to always; be punctual, have a great attitude, wear proper work attire, maintain clean and organized workspace, practice correct safety and sanitation, and provide excellent customer service.
Student Employees usually reports to a Student Lead, DSA Sr. and/or Manager.
Student Union and County Policies
· Follows Student Union dress code policies.
· Punches in and out as scheduled using Kronos clock or sign in/out sheets.
· Adheres to all Student Union policies and procedures.
· Attends all required training.
· Adheres to all Pima County Health Department codes including but not limited to proper use of gloves and sanitizers.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
· Often stands during entire shift.
· Often withstand large workload under high heat
· Occasionally lifts and carries a minimum of 30 pounds
· Frequently reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes
· Skill in following oral and written communications.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in English, including the ability to read, speak, and write English.
· Students must meet minimum University standards for student employment.
· Be enrolled and in good standing with the University of Arizona
· Ability to often work in high-volume
· Ability to often work in stressful environment
· Ability to often work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to often work with diverse group of individuals
· Ability to occasionally work with background noise
About The University of Arizona (AZ Student Unions)
The Student Unions are the gathering place for the University of Arizona community where everyone can eat, play, connect and get involved. Active and engaging services, programs, and opportunities make the Unions more than a space; it is a symbol of the campus community. The Student Union Memorial Center (SUMC) is one of the largest student unions in the United States. With Student Engagement, dining services, retail services and more, we strive to provide a “home away from home” to balance the diverse educational, recreational, cultural and social needs of today’s student.