We transform lives.
Phoenix Rescue Mission is a place of hope, healing, and new beginnings for men, women, and children facing with hunger, homelessness, addiction, and trauma. We follow Christ’s example of servant-leadership and teamwork in our ministry of rescue and restoration. We are a community who values and celebrates one another and we strive toward excellence together as a certified Best Christian Workplace. At this moment, God is doing important and incredible things at Phoenix Rescue Mission. Do you want to be a part of it?
WHO WILL LOVE THIS JOB
- A highly empathetic person, you find joy in connecting with people and show compassion to them as they seek help.
- A people person, you build trust quickly and use your well-developed interpersonal savvy to help find solutions.
- A perceptive communicator, you exhibit strong active listening skills and excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- A Christian, you are energized by spreading God’s care and compassion with those around you and growing His Kingdom.
YOUR TOP RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will provide 1:1 psychotherapy to existing Mission clients, using various approaches and methods in conjunction with best practices for Christian discipleship and recovery.
- You will facilitate or co-facilitate client groups and classes.
- You will maintain accurate records and client notes and ensure all client information is kept in accordance with internal policy and established standards.
- You will assist other staff in interactions with DCS, probation and/or parole officers, the court system, and others.
- You will attend weekly supervision and monthly group supervision.
- You will lead or participate in devotions, prayers, or other organization activities that promote a credible Christian witness and lifestyle.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You should be currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited university or college, with a major or minor in psychology, counseling, social work, or similar program.
- You have strong critical thinking and judgment skills.
- You maintain your excellent composure at all times, even in stressful situations.
- You are very detail-oriented and take pride in your flawless work.
- You have strong collaboration skills and can build effective partnerships easily.
- You have a solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Life-giving work that transforms the cities we serve
- Caring and supportive environment
- This internship is unpaid but we are willing to work with your school so you can receive college credit
*Please note that this internship has a flexible schedule from Monday through Friday.