Schwab was built around a simple idea: put the client first. Lots of companies say that, but we work to keep clients at the heart of everything we do by offering a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Not only do we put our clients first, but we also extend this same approach to our employees. At Schwab you can go as far as your ambition takes you – whether that’s becoming a people leader or director, we’re here to help you Own Your Tomorrow by providing paid licensing programs, comprehensive training, and mentorship in support of our employees igniting their potential and achieving their dreams.
This position may be based out of the Westlake or Southlake location.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office, at home, or remote. Want to see how our employees are participating in the Workplace Flexibility Program? Check out #SchwabLife on social!
What you are good at
In this exciting customer service role, you’ll learn to educate our clients about investments, trading tools, market mechanics, and retirements choices, in addition to earning your Securities licenses in our paid licensing and training program. Through paid training and ongoing mentorship until you feel comfortable in your role, we will set you up for continuous development in Service and more!
- Paid training and support to help you obtain FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses
- Motivation to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of equity, option, and mutual fund transactions
- Robust communication, influencing and client engagement skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative team-based culture
What you have
If you’re not a finance expert, that’s okay! We’ve seen tremendous success from new grads, career switchers, customer service workers, military veterans, and people returning to the workforce. In addition to the skills below, successful candidates will have a growth mindset, a willingness to learn, and a passion for serving others.
- Practice emotional intelligence: Make an impact on clients by showcasing empathy, patience, and effective communication to better understand their emotions and points of view
- Engage with and be an advocate for clients: Deliver great client service when answering inbound phone calls by taking ownership and tackling complex issues to resolve the client’s needs, in addition to introducing clients to Schwab and TD Ameritrade’s products and services
- Be a problem solver: Using the training you receive at Schwab, along with your expertise and analytical thinking skills, to offer the best possible solution
- Be coachable: Demonstrate the ability to continuously integrate feedback to drive personal growth and commit to continuously improving client experiences
What’s in it for you
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement
- Paid time off & 4-week sabbatical after 5 years of service
To find out additional details about our competitive benefits package, visit our benefits page: https://jobs.schwabjobs.com/summary-of-benefits
We offer a competitive pay and bonus package. Starting compensation for this location begins at $49,700 during training (increases depending on related experience), plus an annual bonus opportunity of 10% of your base pay and other eligible earnings. Employees have the potential to increase their total compensation to $56,800 ($51,700 base, plus 10% bonus opportunity depending on individual/corporate performance) within their 1st year upon obtaining the required Licensing and achieving performance based pay increases.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an
Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.