Aflac is a Fortune 200 company, providing financial protection to more than 50 million people worldwide. When a policyholder or insured gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits promptly, for eligible claims, directly to the insured (unless assigned otherwise). For more than six decades, Aflac voluntary insurance policies have given policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress.
Why intern with Aflac?
- Learn: Enjoy real-world work experience by contributing to meaningful projects.
- Lead: Gain leadership exposure with top executives through meetings and presentations.
- Make a difference: Volunteer your time to support charitable organizations sponsored by Aflac.
- Be proud: Build your resume through a paid internship with a Fortune 200 company.
- Financial Services (Investments, Accounting, Corporate Treasury, Investments)
- Business Operations/ Management (Internal Audit, Claims, Career Sales)
- Federal Relations & Policy (DC office)
- Brand and Creative Services
Performs assigned duties under the direction of experienced personnel to gain knowledge and experience in preparation for full time professional opportunities at Aflac. If you are innovative, curious, and focused on problem solving, this internship is yours for the taking. We are looking for students pursuing their undergraduate and/or graduate degree to join our internship program for the Summer 2024.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Engages in mentorship from member of management, department and divisional leaders on developing presentations, business acumen and communication effectiveness
- Participates in departmental engagement activities and events
- Champions assigned project throughout the program to include fact gathering, analysis, recommendations, and implementation plan
- Gains general understanding of core operational areas of frontline customer support and back-office processes throughout the customer lifecycle
- Provides assistance and works on specific projects within the assigned business unit; may assist with ad hoc projects related to the industry, and/or business unit processes
- Collects, organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports for management; assists team in identifying process improvements
- Continuously develops analytical, project management, leadership, presentation, and other business skills by involvement in strategic projects and work assignments
- Receives training and performs duties in assigned business unit to become familiar with division functions, operations, management skills or style, and company policies and practices affecting each phase of business
- Observes experienced personnel to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties
- Participates in roundtable feedback discussions to interact with other participants and to offer program improvement ideas
- Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience
- Actively pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Compensation & Benefits
Aflac provides competitive internship compensation and benefits package.
- $19 – $25 per hour
- Weekly meetings with top-level executives
- Assigned Mentor
- Professional Development training
- Social and Civic Activities
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of coding
- Proficient in major PC applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- Basic administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, flexibility in acceptance of assignments; exhibits dependability.
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
- Normal office environment (remote, hybrid, and/or in-person determined by job function)