Job Shadow Program: Host a Wildcat
Provide Insight and Opportunity for Students
The Job Shadow Program is an opportunity to host a student at your organization for just one day to mentor and provide insight about your field, while providing greater exposure for your organization, job function, and industry to UA students.
The program is an educational experience for students; it may be their initial exposure to a professional environment. For other students, it will be a chance to explore a career area to which they might otherwise not have exposure, or to build their professional network in their chosen career area.
Depending on the nature of your industry and organization, the job shadow day may consist of:
- observation of your daily work
- sitting in on meetings/other activities
- touring your facility
- presentations by executives
- informational interviews with professionals in your office
- or hands-on experience
Interested in hosting a Wildcat?
Let us know you're interested in hosting a Wildcat by filling out the form below.
The job shadow program typically runs during early summer, winter break, and spring break. The host form allows you select the sessions, and the dates within the sessions, that work best for you.
This program is in partnership with The University of Arizona Alumni Association and allows our alumni the opportunity to engage with current students on their journey to finding their own career path.
Dates & Deadlines
The SUMMER BREAK Job Shadow Session will be ONE DAY (your choice!) between May 13 - May 24, 2019.
- January 22, 2019: Host applications open.
- March 15, 2018: Host application period ends.
- March 18-April 14, 2019: Student applications open.
- April 22-24, 2019: Students & hosts notified by SECD of their shadow matches.
- April 24–May 3, 2019: Mandatory student orientations occur; students contact hosts and finalize details for their shadow day.
- May 13-24, 2019: Job Shadows take place in Tucson, throughout Arizona, and around the United States.
Sample Job Shadow Agenda
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Arrival, Introductions, Meet the Staff, Get Coffee
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Overview of Field/Observe Work
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Lunch with Staff or at Your Favorite Restaurant
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Presentation from Executive/Facility Tour/Meet with Staff Member
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Group Activity/Hands-on Activity/Meet with Staff Member
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Closing, Questions, Reflections