Market & Manage Career Events, Programs & Courses
Use Handshake to Market Career-Related Events
Handshake has the ability to advertise your career related event to students, manage registration and even process check-ins via the Check-in Kiosk feature.
Step 1: Make sure you have an active Career Admin account in Handshake with Events access.
Step 2: Gather information about your event. Information that will be part of the event configuration is as follows:
- Name of event
- Start and end date of event
- Registration start and end for event
- Description of event
- Exact location of your event
- Is there a cost to be charged to students or employers?
- Is there additional information you need to collect from students or employers?
Step 3: Create your event in Handshake.
Step 4: Advertise your event
- Invite via Handshake (Optional): Invite specific students in your department or college to your event.
- Invite via Email: Send preview link to desired student population via email.
- Send preview link to desired student population via email. You can send a preview link to students to advertise for your event. The preview link can be found on the right hand side of the event once you have completed configuration.
Step 5: Monitor registrations and other data for your event. Handshake allows you to check students into events with their NetID, Arizona email account or CatCard (optional). SECD can guide you on this process.
Handshake has the ability for you to see registrations in real time and pull .csv formatted spreadsheets of your registered and checked in attendees.
- View the instructions on how to download an event attendee report.
- To download .csv formatted lists of your attendees go to the Attendees tab in the upper right hand corner of your completed event and click the Download Attendee CSV button.