We are now accepting applications for our Winter 2021 cohort.
The Experiential Learning Design Accelerator (The Accelerator) builds on the vision of 100% Engagement by directly supporting faculty with dedicated time, space, and community to design courses that integrate community-based experiential learning for undergraduate students.
The Accelerator provides:
- Mentorship from faculty who are actively practicing engaged learning pedagogy
- Support for developing and sustaining campus, community, or employer partnerships
- Training in Design Thinking and iterative problem-solving as it applies to course design
- Instructional design support to create engaging learning objects and activities
- A stipend to complete course design
Create Immersive Experiences
“There’s nothing I can say to my students in the classroom that will impact them like walking through a muddy estuary, or seeing how happy someone is after they designed them a logo or website. It’s that one-at-a-time connecting, the fact that the work they are doing is benefiting a cause they care about.”
Expand Your Impact
“It’s a two-way situation. We’re learning from them, as they’re learning from us. It’s about genuine partnership. We’re not making up work for them to do, so they can learn something. We see them as a force multiplier. There’s a mutual need. They need to place students and we need an expansion or enhancement of what we’re doing that we can’t do without the support of the University.”
"The community work completely changed my career path. I went from law enforcement to social work. I found that I worked so well with kids. I still want to be in public service. But not the one that regulates and protects, the one that encourages children to be what they want to be, even if they have disadvantages. "
Lead, Experiential Learning Design