Experiential Learning Design Accelerator
The Experiential Learning Design Accelerator (The Accelerator) builds on the vision of 100% Engagement by directly supporting faculty who are designing or redesigning courses that integrate community-based experiential learning for undergraduate students.
Faculty who are selected as Fellows join an interdisciplinary learning community and receive wrap-around support for course design.
"I am so grateful for the Accelerator community, which has been a reflective and generative space for me to learn from and with my colleagues across campus.The Accelerator is a wonderful model for ethical, innovative collaborations across and beyond campus." —Ann Shivers-McNair, Fall 2019 Cohort
What to Expect
- A summer stipend of $6500 to selected Accelerator Fellows to complete course design
- Mentorship from faculty who are actively practicing engaged learning pedagogy
- Support for developing and sustaining campus, community or employer partnerships
- Training in design thinking and iterative problem-solving as it applies to course design
- Instructional design support to create engaging learning objects and activities
- Support for broad promotion of the course in Handshake, if appropriate
The Accelerator is for you if:
- You have a passion for experiential learning and want to see if more clearly integrated in your course, whether it’s a re-design or new design.
- You are a current faculty member teaching in-person or online undergraduate courses (including co-enrolled 4XX/5XX). Graduate teaching assistants are not eligible to apply.
- You have (or can get) a recommendation from your Department Head or Dean to participate.
- You are excited about contributing to a growing community of practice.