Our mission is to support the University of Arizona to inspire and prepare all graduates to create lives of opportunity aligned with their purpose and values.
If you wonder how your team could more strategically support graduates to lead through authentic challenges, to design a career plan, and to capably communicate their employable skills, we are here to help.
Our approach to internal consulting combines the voice of your students, faculty and staff with custom insights that will help you meaningfully connect your learning experiences to student career outcomes in ways authentic to your program’s identity and values.
Contact Abra McAndrew to discuss how SECD can help your unit strategically build capacity to design experiential learning and career development into the life of every student at Arizona.
Using a human-centered approach to gaining and applying transformative insights, we can help you:
- Understand the current career and leadership development profile of your student population
- Gain insight into your students’ aspirations and perceptions of the support your program provides as they prepare for the future
- Design additional moments of awareness and reflection into your current curriculum or student support structure, to more readily assist students in connecting what and how they are learning with where they might want to go next
- Develop a network of faculty, staff or peer champions who are well-trained, supported and recognized for their impact on student career outcomes
- Understand the labor market as it relates to your program's skills profile and your students' aspirations
- Deepen relationships with internship and employment partners
- Identify other authentic opportunities to enhance your curriculum or co-curriculum that will help you and the students you reach to achieve career outcomes goals