In Student Engagement & Career Development, we know that great career conversations with students can happen anywhere and everywhere! That’s why we’ve created the Career Champions program, a series of trainings for faculty and staff who want to be part of a broad campus network of people helping students achieve career success.
The Career Champions program provides opportunities for faculty and staff members to better understand the career development resources and support available on-campus and through SECD. Through a series of capacity-building conversations, Career Champions:
- Gain awareness and comfort using SECD’s most current resources.
- Learn and utilize best practices in coaching and providing career development support.
- Create plans for integrating career development conversations and activities into your work with students, no matter what role or department you are in.
Faculty and staff who complete this series of 3 trainings receive a certificate of completion, are listed on SECD’s website, and will also receive a placard to display to help students identify them as a faculty or staff member who is equipped to assist them with their career decision making.
REGISTER FOR A TRAINING
This is the suggested sequence for taking these sessions:
1. Career Readiness Foundations
This one-hour training serves as an essential introduction to the career development frameworks and resources that Student Engagement & Career Development utilizes to support students.Register Now
2. Best Practices in Career Coaching
This one-hour training discusses best practices in career coaching including appreciative inquiry, goal-setting activities, and career tools and resources to help students reach their goals.Register Now
3. Creating Career Development Experiences
This 90-minute workshop helps participants create plans to incorporate career development and experiential learning into existing programs, services, and curriculum, including identifying collaboration opportunities on-campus.Register Now