Showcase your skills. Find your career fit.
Forage is a free and open-access online library of employer-designed job simulations. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and sectors by working through self-paced modules, tackling tasks that mirror what you’d do if you were a real employee for that company.
How it Works
In each program, you will work through a set of materials and tasks set by the company, which are designed to replicate the sort of work that you would undertake as an intern or graduate. All of the programs are self-paced (taking between 5 to 6 hours to complete) ensuring that you can fit your participation flexibly around other commitments.
Each Program Includes…
- Video instructions and materials created by employees within your chosen organization
- Work that reflects real day-to-day tasks of interns and graduates
- The chance to compare your work with that of a graduate at your chosen organization
What are the benefits?
- Sample what work is like at leading companies
- Discover career paths that you may not have previously considered
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ‘work-ready’
- Our programs are completely free and open-access for students, and there are no length application processes to complete one of our programs.
View the different Career Clusters!
- Forage Career Readiness
- Law and Justice
- Data and Technology
- Commerce and Management
- Engineering and Infrastructure
- Global Impact and Public Service
- Health and Biosciences
- Arts and Media
- Education and Social Services
- Environment and Resources
- Research and Academia
Not all Career Clusters have the same number of work experiences through Forage.
Here at Forage, we’ve recently launched a number of new simulations, from Employers such as HSBC, Wells Fargo, BNY Mellon, AON, and Verizon. These simulations provide students with a unique glimpse into a variety of careers, while also granting them the space to practice their skills. Here’s a quick overview of our interesting program launches:
- Electronic Arts “Product Management” | Students will explore product management at one of the world’s leading video game companies while also applying project planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Fidelity International, “Technology & Digital” | Students will experience a ‘day in the life’ of a technology team member at Fidelity while applying critical skills such as software documentation, stakeholder collaboration, and data analysis.
- BCLP, “Antitrust & Competition” | In this simulation with one of the world’s leading law firms, students will apply critical thinking and professional communication skills while developing an understanding of competition, legal privilege, and dawn raids in the area of antitrust and competition.
- ThermoFisher Scientific, “Mass Spectrometry” | Students will learn about how mass spectrometrists help leading global agencies such as the World Anti-Doping Agency to prevent illegal doping in professional sports. We recommend this experience be utilized alongside intro-level, life sciences coursework.
- Discover, “Professional Skills” | Here, students will self-reflect on their aptitudes, skills, and workplace preferences and how they lend themselves to considering a career at Discover Financial Services. This is a great fit for Career Exploration coursework!
- ACCA, “Career Insights: Accounting for the Music Industry” | Here, students experience the accounting field by supporting Universal Music Group’s finance teams in pricing special edition vinyl and monitoring operational expenses. This is a great fit for Intro & Intermediate-level Accounting coursework!
These free simulations empower students to explore unique career pathways, while also refining and practicing key skills that will be essential to both academic & student success throughout the college journey. Check them out below!
- BCG, “Intro to Strategy Consulting” | Professional Communication, Time Management, Prioritization
- PepsiCo, “Sales” | Teamwork, negotiation, Decision-making
- GE Aerospace, “Explore Human Resources” | Giving & Receiving Feedback, Process Mapping
- Aon Early Careers Associate Account Executive | Risk Analysis, Critical Thinking
- CBRE, “Project Management” | Project Planning, Written Communication
- Bloomberg, “Client Engagement” | Problem Solving, Microsoft Excel, Research
For more information, contact email@example.com