Engage with Students
Information Sessions and Tabling Events
Enhance student awareness, engagement, and knowledge of your company culture.
Information sessions and tabling events are a great way to interact with students and build your brand on campus.
Information Sessions are presentations done by the recruiters to inform students about the company and employment opportunities. It is a great way for recruiters to interact with students prior to interviews. Most information sessions are scheduled for 1 hour, and attendance is best in the evening.
Tips for a successful information session:
- For a larger attendance, the best time to schedule these events is between 5pm and 8pm.
- Marketing is important, so when scheduling your event in Handshake, provide as much information as possible, including company information, targeted majors, skill sets, detailed information on what the event is about, room set up and if students need to come prepared dressed professionally or with resumes.
- Food and drink is highly recommended. Include that in event information.
- Have an engaging PowerPoint presentation, but also engage students with activities and interaction.
- Students always want to hear from those working in the roles they are applying for, so consider bringing current employees (bonus points if they are recent UA alumni) to present as well.
- Be clear on the positions that are being filled and what the company is looking for, ex. tech positions, accounting, business
- Bring giveaways to hand out to students. This is a great way to share your brand.
Tabling Events are very informal and involve a table in a high traffic area. These are typically scheduled 11 AM - 2 PM on the grassy UA Mall outside. Hand out flyers or giveaways from your organization to students passing by.
Student Engagement & Career Development also offers an Employer in Residence opportunty every Thursday during the school year. This is an indoor tabling event in our Office of Student Engagement, Studio 248. This space is located on the ground floor of the Student Union Memorial Center in a high traffic, visible space. This is your opportunity meet with students and utilize our visible, flexible space.
For more information, please call (520) 621-2372 or email email@example.com.
Information Session Payment and Cancellations
If you are registered for an Information Session, we require payment prior to your participation in our services. If you are unable to attend or need to change your request, please notify us as soon as possible so we can make the proper accommodations. If you wish to pay by card, please login to your Handshake account and pay from there. If you wish to pay by check, please make it out to Student Engagement & Career Development and address it to 1303 E. University Blvd. Suit 411 Tucson, AZ 85721. We thank you in advance for your payment and understanding of our policies. For questions or concerns please contact Jackie Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored Networking Events
The Office of Student Engagement & Career Development offers various sponsored engagement/networking opportunities that highlight employers directly and brings the students to you. Engagement opportunities include Meet & Greets, Coffee Chats, Employer hosted Resume Labs, and more.
Request a Networking Event
Would you like to engage with students with one of these types of events? Do you have other ways you would like to engage with us or our students? Let us know. We are always looking to be innovative and improve employer and student engagement opportunities.
Please contact Pete Corrigan at email@example.com.
Clubs and Organizations
Diversity Student Clubs and Organizations
UA has a variety of diversity student organizations. Below are a few to help you get started.
For more information on particular student organizations, please visit the ASUA Organizations Directory
- African American Student Affairs
- Asian Pacific American Student Affairs
- Adalberto & Ana Guerrero Student Center
- Engineering Clubs & Organizations
- Disability Resource Center
- Native American Student Affairs
- Diversity & Inclusion- College of Medicine
- V.E.T.S.- Veterans Education & Transitions Services
- LGBTQ Affairs
Professional Organizations and Greek Life
UA has over 500 student clubs and organizations. Blue Chip, Greek Life, and ASUA are just a start when it comes to leadership and professional designations. For more information on these and other student clubs and organizations, visit: ASUA Club Resource Center.
Your Success is Our Success
We love to hear about our employers' success with the University of Arizona. Share your success story with us and you could be featured on our social media. Send information and story to Pete Corrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us or tag us on social media: