Take these steps in Handshake to help you stand out and feel confident going into the career fair
Favorite Desired Employers on Handshake Prior to the Career Fair. Be the first to know about your favorite employer’s activity in Handshake!
- Receive notifications about events they’re attending or hosting on campus.
- Be in the know about current and new available internships and full-time positons.
- Easily filter for all available jobs your favorite employers have posted.
Complete your Profile 100% & Make it Public. By marking your profile public, you’re opening yourself up to more opportunities – the kind that come to you!
- Employers can easily find your profile by searching for key skills and experiences you’ve indicated on your profile.
- Employers can directly reach out and connect with you personally through messaging.
Research & Apply for Desired Positions in Handshake BEFORE you Meet Employers at the Fair.
- This demonstrates initiative and tells the employer you’ve researched the company.
- Break the ice when meeting employers at the fair by opening up the conversation with a defined talking point.
- Receive our top tips from career experts on how to impress at the career fair.
- Review and research employers attending the fair in one location.