Virtual Job Shadow Program
Shadow Professionals in the Field
Explore an industry, organization, and/or specific job role during a virtual Job Shadow. Make connections with employers and get the important career advice and information you need and want.
Student Engagement & Career Development is facilitating 1-hour informational interviews via Zoom* or similar video technology with Arizona Alumni and industry professionals.
An informational interview is basically a hybrid of an amazing networking opportunity, an info-session, and a job interview. By preparing thoughtful and intentional questions, you can still get an inside look at a company, job role or industry directly from a professional who can give you information only an insider could.
UPCOMING SUMMER BREAK SESSION WILL BE VIRTUAL!
Summer Break Virtual Job Shadows will take place between May 18 and May 22.
Specific dates and times for each 1-hour informational interview will be indicated by the host within the interview posting in Handshake. Important dates to remember:
- Now until May 1, 2020: Students should indicate their interest in participating in this program by submitting a student interest form by or before May 1, 2020.
- April 10, 17, 24, & May 1, 2020: Mandatory virtual student orientations; students contact hosts, finalize interview date & details. If you are unable to attend any of the regularly scheduled virtual orientations, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange for another time.
- May 18 - 22, 2020: 1-hour informational interviews take place via Zoom or similar video technology.
*All Arizona students can create their own Zoom account for free using their Arizona email.
Find Your Job Shadow
All Job Shadow Program opportunities are listed below or you can find them directly in Handshake.
- Once you find an opportunity you're interested in submit the student interest form.
- If you have a career or company you to want to explore that's not listed, tell us by filling out the student interest form.
We ask for an interest form so that we can identify appropriate professionals to be interviewed. The interest form asks the questions we need to find the professional.
After submitting your student interest form you will be notified of your status via email and will be invited to register and complete a mandatory virtual orientation session*. At the orientation, you will be guided through the rest of the process and provided with more information about the individual you will be interviewing.
*Please note, virtual job shadows will be available to students who complete the mandatory orientation on a first-come, first-serve basis.
STUDENT MATCHING PROCESS
After submitting your student interest form, the SECD Job Shadow Team will look to match you with an employer host, based on a combination of your expressed career interests, your stated reasons for participating, as well as any academic major or other matching preferences communicated by participating hosts.
You will be notified of your status soon after and then asked to submit your resume through Handshake with plenty of time to attend a Mandatory Virtual Orientation session. We always try to match as many qualified students as possible!