Career Peer Coaches
What is a Career Peer Coach?
When it comes to career-related topics and your application materials, there is so much information out there and yet, you may still have questions. Do you want answers that are specific to you, like how do you write about yourself on your resume? What do employers want to see in a cover letter? How do you tailor your documents to show your own unique fit? And most important - where do you start?
Our Career Peer Coach team can help! Career Peer Coaches meet with students across all majors so they’re better prepared for their job search. They can help you create a stellar resume, share interviewing tips, and help you discover which skills are especially important for your field, whether that is coding in Python, conducting research, or coordinating events. The Career Peer Coach team is super passionate about helping students achieve their career goals, and they are ready to help you!
Career Peer Coaches can help you:
- Create a timeline for when to start applying to jobs before graduation
- Find industry-specific clubs and associations related to your field
- Tailor your resume to focus on your skills and the skills important in your industry
- Draft and edit cover letters for internship and job applications
- Develop your materials so you’re ready to hit “submit” on your application!
Are you involved with a club or organization that might like to host a career-related workshop? You can request a virtual presentation from one of our Peer Coaches!
How to Make an Appointment with a Peer Coach
In Handshake, on your homepage, click on Career Center.
On the next screen, click on Appointments
On the next screen, Click on Schedule a New Appointment button
Your different appointment options will come up. Select University of Arizona Career Advising
On the next screen, Choose: Career Advising with a peer coach.
- You can either schedule an appointment based on your schedule and what's available. OR
- If you want to speak with a specific peer coach, click on "Staff Member" and choose the staff person's name from the drop down you want to meet with to see their availability.
Resume & Interviewing Workshops
If you're looking for help with your resume, CV or need tips on virtual interviewing, check out these upcoming workshops, all avaiable via Zoom.