Blue Chip Transfer Experience
The Transfer Experience is a gateway engagement experience at the University of Arizona for transfer students to get involved as they begin their journey as Wildcats. The program is best suited for transfer students who have a background in leadership. Some examples of previous leadership experience include having a job, community service, and being in a club or organization. If you have a background in leadership and are transferring to Arizona from another school, then the Blue Chip Leadership: Transfer Experience is a great opportunity for you!
The Transfer Experience will prepare you to:
- Become an Inclusive Leader who Promotes Positive Change
- Continue your Personal and Professional Development
- Engage with the Community
- Apply your Leadership Skills
Why you should enroll:
The Transfer Experience is designed to prepare you professionally by providing opportunities to further enhance leadership skills that employers look for. According to the 2019 NACE Job Outlook Survey, two of the top skills employers are looking for on a resume are Leadership and Teamwork, both of which Blue Chip teaches.
“Without Blue Chip, I would not have pushed myself into so many leadership roles or have had so many leadership opportunities in the first place. In my third year I became a team leader, which helped me to gain confidence leading others. It was a personal test in what I considered my first true leadership experience.”
Who is eligible for the Transfer Experience:
UA transfer students who have had some leadership experience prior to transferring to the University of Arizona are eligible.
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours/week
- Fall semester - 1 hour a week Team Meeting, plus three required events throughout the duration of the semester (i.e. Opening Event, Field Day, and Blue Sync).
- Spring semester - 1 credit leadership course (one hour per week) and two required events (i.e. Service Learning and Theater Sports).
All events are scheduled well in advance and you will be given plenty of notice of the dates and times so you can plan accordingly.