Handshake offers students a personalized, user-friendly interface to find jobs and internships, schedule appointments with career educators, learn about career fairs and employer events, and create a rich profile that helps them stand out to employers.
Handshake offers career development staff:
- the opportunity to connect with a high-quality network of employers with one click
- communication tools including messaging and pinning content to drive student engagement with job opportunities, career resources and events
- appointment management tools that integrate with Outlook and other calendars
- event planning tools for career fairs, workshops and more
- on-campus recruitment scheduling tool
- employer contact management tool
- analytics and reporting tools
- the opportunity to create filtered job and internship feeds from the system to websites
Handshake Support Office Hours for On-Campus Employers
If you have questions about using Handshake as an on-campus employer, Bailee Rollins hosts Handshake support office hours every day (except Wednesday) from 2 PM -5 PM. Please contact her by phone or email.
520-621-9823 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
I work with students. Where do I point them to if they need support in Handshake?
Handshake provides support directly to students:
- When logged into Handshake, students can find answers to common questions by clicking the help button in the upper right.
- Students can search for answers to their questions in the Handshake Help Center, or contact Handshake for support using the yellow Help button in the lower left.
Most students find Handshake intuitive and modern. Encourage students to try Handshake out. How? Log in, upload a resume, fill out the profile, and start looking for jobs and internships!
I employ students. What do I need to do?
We've put together instructions on how to create your Department's UA Handshake account. In this account, you can post jobs, schedule interviews, and create events.
I am a career development staff member who works with students. Can I use Handshake?
Yes. Please contact Jenn Ryan-Jauregui for more information.
If you need additional training or support, Handshake has an online Help Center for staff that includes answers to most questions as well as access to video tutorials and webinars.
You can also contact Susan Kaleita, Senior Director, Employer and Alumni Engagement, with other questions about Handshake at the University of Arizona.