LEAP Internship Program
Earn an Engaged Learning Notation on Your Transcript
The LEAP Internship Program is a free, online program that will help you make the most of your internship. You will have opportunities to assess your skills, reflect on your accomplishments, and craft a professional development plan that will help you build on the skills you learned during your internship.
This program is for you if you're not receiving academic credit for your internship, whether paid or unpaid, but would still like it recognized on your transcript.
After completing your internship of at least 45 hours of work on-site and the online program, you will receive an Engagement notation on your academic transcript, and it becomes part of your academic record.
The Program Will Help You:
The program is organized into six self-guided, web-based modules featuring supporting professional development activities like Professional Networking and Creating a Professional Development Plan. The program is supervised by Student Engagement & Career Development staff who can provide additional feedback and support to you along the way.
Each module is designed to take no more than an hour. All told, that’s less than a regular workday to complete this program!
View the Online Orientation Module.
What’s their commitment? It’s relatively minimal. Over the course of your internship, we will ask your supervisor to complete:
- A signed internship agreement form
- A record of hours worked
- A complete evaluation
How to Enroll
To officially enroll in this experience:
- Self-register for this program in D2L
- Login to D2L using your University NetID and click on self-registration in the top right corner.
- Search for “Career Services” and click on the link.
- Finally, click “register” to complete your enrollment.
Once in the course in D2L, you can find each of the modules, instructions, and any important documents you need. The first two activities you must do are:
- Complete the internship agreement form, a formal agreement between you and your supervisor that details the nature and scope of your internship;
- Complete your internship roadmap, your personal outline for completing this engagement experience.
If have any questions on how to get started, please contact Sadie Randall.