View our four-year career guide to help set goals and maximize your time on campus. Doing so will deepen your self-understanding and allow you to discover opportunities that are a good fit.
Career Advisory Groups
Career Educators will be hosting weekly interactive coaching groups in SUMC 411 for the following topics:
Pathway 1: Career Exploration
Open to students who are undecided in major selection and/or career options, and would like to explore resources, engage with other students, and discover their professional career plan.
Tuesdays at 4pm
Thursdays at 12pm
Topics can include:
- What are your interests and skills? We can help you connect them to majors and careers.
- Online resources for developing a professional plan.
- Need experience? Let’s talk about how to gain some!
- Introduction to Networking – find out how to make professional connections.
Pathway 2: Cultivating the Professional
Open to students who would like to gain a competitive edge, improve interviewing skills, and need further assistance in their job search or desired industry/degree program.
Mondays at 12pm
Wednesdays at 4pm
Topics can include:
- Assessing and articulating your work values and transferable skills
- Crafting your personal online brand (professional online presence)
- Get organized! Make the job search process easier on you (job search)
- Secure the best internship/job for you (or another topic or catchy theme around job search)
Insights by major
Undeclared or considering a change of major? The University of Arizona’s Degree Search site profiles all UA degree majors and minors with four-year academic plans, career planning resources, and links to individual department sites. Search majors by college, personal characteristics, and interests.
Insights by industry
Career Services has several tools to help you explore potential careers. O*Net OnLine is one of many sites Career Coaches use to help students sort through hundreds of career possibilities in their areas of interest.